Saturday, May 5, 2012

Who IS Your Daddy? PSA68.5

I was reading Heaven is for REAL this morning and the moment in the story when the surgery-bound little boy was wheeled away from his father hit me like a ton of bricks. If you haven't read it, the rest of the story reveals how Jesus came and comforted the boy during the most traumatic event of his life. It reminded me of my childhood and how many times Jesus had come to my rescue.

Get this bumper sticker here.

Fatherlessness hits anyone hard. As a young girl I was faced with a lack of love from my earthly father. His time away, and his rages when he was home, left me lonely, scared and rejected. Unlike my story, this father was told to leave his son by hospital staff and wished he could stay right there. Although the circumstances were different, I'm sure to this boy's young heart it was the same desperate feeling I had.

It is at these moments, in our weekness, when Christ works best. No matter what your age, when you are feeling lost, scared and lonely, Jesus will come and comfort you when you call. We still weep, we still hurt, but His presence makes everything bearable. His Spirit lets us know that we will survive, and more importantly, that we are special and loved.


When I look back on pictures of myself during my childhood, I see no tears. I see only a bright gleaming smile. None of those deep insecurities and fears were visible on the outside. God did sustain me, and through those trials I learned just how much I could trust Him. God's word tells us in Psalm 68 that "He is a father to the fatherless," and there are times in everyone's life when our father is absent or cannot fill the need of that fatherly love in our hearts. Today, let God be the Daddy you desperately need. He will never, ever, disappoint you. :)

Click here to visit the POP SCRIPTURE cafepress site and get messages that make an impact for Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment